Bloomington, Indiana Restaurant and Food Guide

Recommendations for dining and (and food in general) in Bloomingon, Indiana

3.15.2006

Roots

Took advantage of the heavenly lull in Bloomington commerce to visit Roots, Bloomington's new (only?) vegetarian restaurant last night. The decoration and atmosphere are extremely welcoming and comfortable. I'll chalk the slightly slow service up to slow-business inertia. I'd love to see more variety on the menu. Even still, it was tough deciding between 2 or 3 three really appealing looking items. I had a falafel sandwich, just because it's what I was in the mood for. My wife had a roasted portabello, spinach melt. We both had sweet potato fries. First and foremost, all the mostly local ingredients were fine quality and fresh. My sandwich could have been a little more generously seasoned, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The portabello sandwich was freakin' awesome. It was huge! Every bite I was able to steal was moist and flavorful and everything in it worked well together. The fries were a little overdone for my tastes, but still enjoyable. We also had a fresh juice and a smoothy. The tropical fruit smoothy was really delicious, as was my carrot and orange juice. Definitely a high recommend and on our list for a 2nd visit, hopefully soon!

Location: 127 N. Walnut Ave.
Phone: 332-4040

1 Comments:

At 1/8/09, 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these people do not use all local ingredients. they also do not believe in salt... which is a bad thing. the service is the worst i've ever experienced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home